2020 XTERRA TAIHU TRAIL RUN (SUZHOU)
WHAT: XTERRA Taihu Trail Run
WHEN: November 15, 2020
WHERE: Suzhou, China
2020 XTERRA Taihu Trail Run (Suzhou) will be held on Nov. 15th, 2020 in the beautiful Suzhou Taihu National Tourism Vacation Zone.
Athletes will enjoy the 5/10/30/50K trail run.
The course will run through Yuyang Mountain and Guangfu scenic spots where the continuous mountains are surrounded by the famous Taihu Lake on its three sides.
Running on the mountain path, facing the wind coming slowly from Taihu Lake in the golden autumn, athletes will definitely love this typical XTERRA outdoor experience in Suzhou.
RACES & REGISTRATION FEE
a) 10/30/50K: must be 18 or above by the race date of Nov. 15, 2020.
i. Must be 12 or above by the race date of Nov. 15, 2020.
ii. For age 5 to 11, shall be accompanied by
a) 30K: Must have 15K or longer distance trail run or semi-marathon finishing experience.
b) 50K: Must have 30K or longer distance trail run or full-marathon finishing experience.
c) Please submit your previous finishing certificate while registering.
3. Health Condition
a) Please consider your physical fitness. If you can finish within the limited time, please register for this event. Safety first, the marshal or doctor has the right to suspend the contestant from the competition according to his/her physical condition, and the participant shall not have any objection.
b) To participate in this event, please pay attention to your physical health condition. Please consider carefully. If you have the heart, blood vessels, diabetes and other aspects of medical records, do not hide your health condition and do not participate, otherwise, the participant should be responsible for any accidental that might happen during events. The event organizer shall not be held responsible.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
All registrations are non-refundable after the specified cancellation dates. Registration are non-Transferrable.
Athletes may be eligible for a partial refund of their entry fee (details below)
Any requests received before 17:00, Oct. 15, 2020 will be eligible for a 50% refund of price paid.
Any requests received after that will not be eligible for a refund under any circumstance.
Athletes who wish to withdraw, must do so in writing to the race office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email shall include race category, order number, contact info.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020:
Registration （Remember to take your ID with you for registration.）
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2020:
Trail Run Race Day
*Remarks: Detailed timing, events, and venue are to-be-advised. Follow XTERRA WeChat Official Account to get more information.
(For more information, please follow XTERRA-China on FB or XTERRA on Wechat)
1. Shoes and shirt / top are required at all times on the run course.
2. Race number must be clearly visible on the front of the runner at all times. A race belt may be used to secure the race number. Failure to wear a race number on the run will result in disqualification.
3. A runner may run or walk to complete the course.
4. Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the run course. This means no receiving food, hydration, water/ice/sponges for cooling off from any person not directly involved in the event.
5. Pacing from a non-participant or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the run course.
6. No individual or team support vehicle may follow runners around the course.
7. Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the run course regardless of their race standing.
8. Respect local traffic rules and other vehicles on the road at all times.
9. Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A runner is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the runner’s responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barrier on the course will not be constituted as an excuse for cutting course.
10. Runners must complete the entire run course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
1. All participants need to present health code to get into the venue.
2. If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
3. Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during and after the race.
4. Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer, and spectators.
5. Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
6. For environmental protection, we advocate:
i) Littering on the course is prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid / hydration stations.
ii) No disposable water cup for this event. Please bring your own water bottle. A folding cup will also be provided in the race bag.
iii) Alpenstocks and other auxiliary tools is not recommended during the race
7. MP3 players or any kind of personal music / listening devices with headset are highly recommended not to be used at any time during the race for safety concern.
8. Race numbers and race registration CANNOT be transferred. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
9. In case of severe weather on race day, XTERRA reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the racecourse to ensure the safety of all participants.
1. Airport：Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (SHA) （Need to take train from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to Suzhou Station)
2. Railway Station：Suzhou Station
3. Shuttle Bus service will be provided from downtown of Suzhou to the event main venue. Details will be advised before the event day.
Questions, please contact us via E-mail：email@example.com
XTERRA China reserves the right to modify this race guide.