Zhangjiajie is endowed with gorgeous scenery of mighty, wonder, tranquility, wildness, and risk integrated, and landscape of forests, caves, lakes, falls and stones in combination, whose beauty is beyond words. Zhangjiajie has the world-famous reputation not just at present, but it can be traced in more than a thousand year earlier. When it was called as the barbarian land, men of letters and both civil and military officers came here to enjoy the view and wrote articles as praises. Tianmen Mountain scenic spot, the outstanding representative of Zhangjiajie’s scenery, is famous at home and abroad for the unique ultimate race plan. In 2017 Tianmen Mountain Trail Running Race, the magnificent Skyscraping Curving Road (the 99 Turns), the terrifying 999 Skyscraping Stairs, the Tianmen Cave (essence of Tianmen Mountain), the time-machine like Mountain Staircases, the Gui Valley Plank Road hanging on the steep cliff, the Suspension Bridge, the Glass Plank Road, the forest path covered with leaves, the large gravel slope under the door-liked stone for numerous participants to get down with hips, have all these left you with the most unforgettable memory in your trial running experience? With all-round upgradation, the 2018 Xiaoxiang 100 Tianmen Mountain International Trail Running Race not only keeps the essence of the last race but also adds the vertical straight Bear Wall Rock and the Chongshan Mountain (the location of Xia Dynasty’s capital) to our trail running field. With picturesque scenery and happy torture, dear runner friends, during Sept. 21 and 23 in 2018, Xiaoxiang 100 Tianmen Mountain International Trail Running Race, see you there!
Event Operation: Hunan Yufeng Sport Culture Co., Ltd
Event Time: Sept. 21 to 23, 2018
Event Place: Zhangjiajie
Group Types: 10.77-km/ 30-km/ 60-km/ 100-km groups
Cumulative Elevation: 762m/ 1,621m/ 2,598m/ 5,087m
Event Scale: 500 persons/ 500 persons/ 850 persons/ 350 persons
Starting Time: At 5:00 on Sept. 22, 2018
Starting Point: The Gate of Tianmen Mountain in Zhangjiajie
(1). 30-km Group
The route and elevation map of 30-km Group
The Gate of Tianmen Mountain (Starting Point) —— the Skyscraping Curving Road (the 99 Turns) —— the Tianmen Cave Square (SP1/CP1) —— the Skyscraping Ladder —— the Mountain Staircases ——Gui Valley Plank Road —— back mountain of the Tianmen Mountain —— the shop in Tangjia Cun (SP2/CP2) —— the Red River Valley —— the Long Men Cave (SP3/CP3) —— the Central Primary School of Daping Town, 30 km in total, with cumulative climbing and descending heights of 1,621 m and 1,372 m respectively.
Site Settings Table of 30-km Group
Road Condition Analysis of 30-km Group
1. The scenic drive road and scenic trial are 13 km in total with climbing heights of 1,100 m. The 10.77-km scyscraping curving road (scenic winding road) starts from the gate of Tianmen Mountain to the Tianmen Cave Square (SP1/CP1). You are to remember the mandatory closing period of this section is 3 hours. After being tested by the 999 staircases, you can reach the top of Tianmen Cave. As you get through the cave, you can prepare for taking photos as your valuable memory. Then it is 7 sections of Mountain Staircases with each section of 60 meters with 1,000 stairs, which is highly distinctive to impress you deeply. When running on the gorgeous track, you are welcomed by the most breathtaking landscape. As you running along the Gui Valley Plank Road hanging on the steep cliff, climbing through the Glass Plank Road and the Suspension Bridge, don’t you feel cool?
2. The dirt road is 2 km with the descending heights of 600 m. Out of the core scenic area of the Tianmen Mountain, with Chisong Door passed, is a 2-km great steep slope with thrill and risk, which require participants to have strong thigh muscles and downhill technique. Dear friends, running without viewing and vice versa, please take care! After downing the slope is the shop of Tangjia Cun (SP2/CP2) where you can have a good adjustment and the drinking water, cold food as well as hosting services are provided by the organizing committee.
3. The pavement and tractor road are 3 km in distance, which is smooth relatively for you to make adjustments. Behind your head is the Tianmen Cave that you can stop to enjoy the unique landscape as you are tired.
4. The filed path and the road along the Red River Valley is about 10 km with 500-m climbing height. You need to run 1-km field path to climb over a hill (about 3 km), then you’ll reach the Red River Valley, the classic outdoor spot in Zhangjiajie. And about 3-km red stone road may be difficult but of great beauty. Getting through the valley with 3-km field path along the big Longdong Stream (SP3/CP3), you are here in the Central Primary School of Daping Town. Congratulations for your end race!
(2) 60-km Group
The route and elevation map of 60-km Group
The Gate of Tianmen Mountain (Starting Point) —— the Skyscraping Curving Road (the 99 Turns) —— the Tianmen Cave Square (SP1/CP1) —— the Skyscraping Ladder —— the Mountain Staircases ——Gui Valley Plank Road —— back mountain of the Tianmen Mountain —— the shop in Tangjia Cun (SP2/CP2) —— the Goat Stream Reservoir —— the Zongling Ya Forest Farm (SP3/CP3) —— Tianping Cun (SP4/CP4) —— the Rhinoceros Pool (SP5/CP5) —— Hujia Cun (SP6/CP6) —— Laodao Wan scenic spot (Final Point), with cumulative climbing and descending heights of 2,598 m and 2,601 m respectively.
Site Settings Table of 60-km Group
Road Condition Analysis of 60-km Group: The route from the gate of Tianmen Mountain (Starting Point) with Tianmen Cave Square (SP1/CP1) passed to the of the shop in Tiangjia Cun (SP2/CP2) is the same as that of the 30-km group.
Shop in Tangjia Cun (SP2/CP2) ——Goat Stream Reservoir ——Zongling Ya Forest Farm
(SP3/CP3) Section: the distance is 11.1 km with the climbing and descending heights of 592m
and 149 m respectively.
1. Pavement road: with the distance of 4 km, the first 3 km is asphalt pavement, and the last 1 km is the country cement pavement. The road is smooth for you to make adjustments.
2. Ancient path (flagstone path): 1.5 km with 100-m climbing height. On this country road when your are tired, you can turn back to have a look at the Tianmen Mountain and Qising Mountain to take a handsome photo.
3. Pavement road: about 2 km in the Goat Stream Reservoir section. Paths are interlinked and you can hear the sounds from poultry just as you are in the “Shangri-la”.
4. Dirt road (forest road): 5.5 km with 500-m climbing height. On the first 1.5 km you need to climb for about 300 m, which is a little torturing, but you are lucky to be accompanied by the gurgling Liuye Stream and beautiful pine forest. After this period is the following 4-km flat forest trail track that you can take some pictures.
Hold on to the Zongling Ya at the SP3/CP3 where you can replenish energy. Just remember the closing period is 7 h. Note: there are plenty energy supplement at this point with cold and hot food, drinks, drinking water and fruits for you to enjoy.
Zongling Ya Forest Farm (SP3/CP3) ——Tianping Cun (SP4/CP4): 11.2 km with cumulative climbing and descending heights of 259 m and 782 m respectively.
1. Dirt road is about 9 km. The first 5 km is easy to finish while the last 4 km is downward slope with descending from 950 m to 440 m and the road becomes to a narrow wild path. Participants should control your pace in case of injury and tumble!
2. The stream vale is about 2 km that mainly passes round the Langlang Stream. If you are skillful and make good choices that your shoes will not get wet by the water.
Then it is the Tianping Cun (SP4/CP4), a big supply point, for you to replenish and prepare for the road ahead that is much hard. The mandatory equipment check point is also set here, and the working stuff will be strict in rule enforcement. You’d better give up the fluke mind.
Tianping Cun (SP4/CP4) ——Rhinoceros Pool (SP5/CP5) ——Hujia Cun (SP6/CP6) —— Laodao Wan scenic spot (Final Point): 22 km with cumulative climbing and descending heights of 560 m and 760 m respectively.
1. Dirt road is about 6 km. The most difficult part of this section is as follows: you will run on the path along with the Jiaozi Stream for 3 km with rising slowly to abruptly from 530 m to 800 m. Then you will pass the last high spot in this section: the Zhongzhu Ya (this is the branch point for 100-km group and 60-km group). After that, it is another sharp downward period. It’s estimated that many participants will get down with hips for slowing down in case of falling. Downing the big lengthy slope at Zhongzhu Ya is the Rhinoceros Pool (SP5/CP5), a small supply point with simple supplies of water and drinks and other materials.
2. Gravel /tractor road is about 7 km. The former 4-km gravel road is dry that is not easy for running. Participants should control the pace in case of ankle sprain. However, turning back you will feast your eyes with the rugged and charming forests in Qising Mountain, the miraculous Ertian Men and the majestic and upright Bear Wall Rock. The latter 3 km is tractor road along with the Xianren Stream (with hard pavements mixed up).
After this 7-km running, the organizing committee sets the last supply point (SP6/CP6) where the
supplies are much richer for you to replenish and prepare for the last challenge.
3. Hard pavement/ tractor road is about 8 km with 200-m climbing and 160-m descending heights. The winding road is mixed with tractor road, which is the final challenge. Hold on! Victory lies ahead. At the final point of the Laodao Wan is the enthusiastic music, abundant supplies and hospitable service waiting for you.
(3) 100-km Group
The route and elevation map of 100-km Group
The Gate of Tianmen Mountain (Starting Point) —— the Skyscraping Curving Road (the 99 Turns) —— the Tianmen Cave Square (SP1/CP1) —— the Skyscraping Ladder —— the Mountain Staircases ——Gui Valley Plank Road —— back mountain of the Tianmen Mountain —— the shop in Tangjia Cun (SP2/CP2) —— the Red River Valley —— the Longmen Cave (SP3/CP3) —— the Zongling Ya Forest Farm (SP4/CP4) —— Tianping Cun (SP5/CP5) —— Chejia Ya (SP6/CP6) —— Modou Kui (Sp7/CP7) —— Zhaojia Wan (SP8/ CP8) —— Hujia Cun (SP9/CP9) —— Laodao Wan scenic spot (Final Point), with cumulative climbing and descending heights of 5,087 m and 5,022 m respectively.
Site Settings Table of 100-km Group
Road Condition Analysis of 100-km Group:
1. The route from the Gate of Tianmen Mountain (Starting Point) —— the Skyscraping Curving Road (the 99 Turns) —— the Tianmen Cave Square (SP1/CP1) —— the Skyscraping Ladder —— the Mountain Staircases ——Gui Valley Plank Road —— back mountain of the Tianmen Mountain —— the shop in Tangjia Cun (SP2/CP2) —— the Red River Valley —— the Longmen Cave (SP3/CP3) is the same as that of the 30-km group.
2. Longmen Cave Stream (SP3/CP3) ——Zongling Ya Forest Farm (SP4/CP4): It is 11.8-km dirt road with 737-m climbing heights and the closing period is 3 hours. The track in this section is mainly in the forest road of Puzijie Foorest Farm, the climbing is concentrated in the former 3 km, and the later part is as flat as for taking off.
3. Zongling Ya Forest Farm (SP4/CP4) ——Tianping Cun (SP5/CP5): It is 11.2-km dirt road and tractor road with 259-m climbing heights and the closing period is 2.5 hours. Time in this section is quite precious. Luckily, it almost is down-slope road. The mandatory equipment check and change points are set in Tianping Cun, those participants who are not qualified will be forced to retire. Then the tractor road is about 4 km with Yaojiajie Cun passed, and it is dirt road again! The dirt road is about 7.2 km that the former 3 km is smooth dirt road, and then is 2-km down-slope road descending from 950 m to 440 m. The road turns into wild trail, so participants must control their paces in case of injury and tumble! The last 2 km is the road along with the stream in the vale with crossing streams repeatedly. If you don’t want your shoes to get wet, you need to show your skill. After being tested through this process, it is Tianping Cun where the change point and mandatory equipment check point as well as the comprehensive supply point are set by the organizing committee. After this site if you run slow, it is getting dark, so you are to make full preparation for the latter part of the race.
4. Tianping Cun (SP5/CP5) ——Chejia Ya (SP6/CP6): It is 9-km dirt road and tractor road with 842-m climbing heights, which is the hardest section for the 100-km group participants. Along with the path beside the Jiaozi Stream for 3 km, the height is rising slowly and then abruptly with the heights increasing from 530 m to 800 m. It is the second branch point, Zhongzhu Ya, for 100-km group and 60-km group. After passing Zhongzhu Ya is an ancient road to the peak of the Bear Rock Wall (the road is slippery that you need watch out). And the tractor road is to the supply point at Chejia Ya.
5. Chejia Ya (SP6/CP6) ——Modou Kui (SP7/CP7): It is 8.5-km tractor road and drive road with 242-m climbing heights, which can be divided into four parts: part one is 3-km tractor road; part two is 1-km road with ups and downs; part three is about 3.5-km down-slope drive road; and the last part is a 2-km tractor road to CP7.
6. Modou Kui (SP7/CP7) ——Zhaojia Wan (SP8/CP8): It is 13.3-km dirt road and drive road with 346-m climbing and 1,218-m descending heights. This section has such a great decline that would be a nightmare to most participants. The climbing to Chongshan Mountain is about 5-km path, with 2-km drive road passed, and then is 4-km path downing the mountain to the bottom. After 1-km running distance is the CP8 at Zhaojia Wan. You must be exhausted and hungry after that, so hurry up to eat something to fight for the next challenge!
7. Zhaojia Wan (SP8/CP8) ——Hujia Cun (SP9/CP9): It is 11-km dirt road and drive road with 867-m climbing and 767-m descending heights. It is believed that this section is probably to drive most participants mad. Just hold on, you will be the king if you overcome the challenge. The climbing is concentrated in the former 5-km dirt road, then is about 3-km rough drive road track, and after 3.7-km down-slope path is the CP9 at Hujia Cun.
8. Hujia Cun (SP9/CP9) ——Laodao Wan scenic spot (Final Point): It is 8-km gravel road and drive road with 196-m climbing and 158-m descending heights. After suffering so much, there is no reason to give up at this final section. During this section, the Xianrenxi Valley is mist-shrouded, and the bridge linking valleys are common to be seen. If you feel tired, you can relax at the stream. The last period is mainly downward slope with a steep up-slope close to the final point, but generally, the change in height is not very great. So you can relax but watch out the gravels in case of ankle sprain. Hold on! The final point, Laodao Wan scenic spot, is around the corner. Listen, the sound of music for victory is exciting, Congratulations! You win the Tianmen Mountain 100-km Trail Running Race! Thanks for you that we witness the extraordinary together!
Notes for Application
Special tip: Within the principle of justice for every participant, once the application is succeeded,
the organizing committee won’t accept the quota transfer, the registration cancellation and group
changes application for any reason. Thus, we sincerely ask all runner friends to consider carefully
and apply prudently.
(1) Event Items and Application Fee
Note: The application fee includes the end race suit, the entry package, the entry clothing, and the event insurance, the fees for ferry bus round trip covering from the downtown to the starting point at Huxian in Tianmen Mountain and all final points to the downtown.
1. 10,77-km Sky Road Challenging Group with 500 persons only,
2. 30-km Public Group with 500 persons only,
3. 60-km Elite Group with 850 persons only,
4. 100-km Master Group with 350 persons only.
Application Deadline: Mar. 31, 2018
Precautions: please fill in the truly application information of the participants carefully, and no modification is accessible once the online application information is affirmed and submitted. The application and eligibility would be canceled if the information were wrong.
Once the application and payment succeeded while the participants can’t take part in the event, the application fee will not be repaid. The entry quota can’t be transferred and the group type should not be changed. The eligibility of the private transferor will be canceled, and the transferor and transferee will never be allowed to take part in the Xiaoxiang 100 series. Meanwhile, they will be reported to other event organizations as a record.
(2) Application Conditions
This is a long-distance trail race with high risk, so participants need to meet the strict requirements. All participants should be in good health, and have participated in the long-term training and races for trail running. Therefore, the organizing committee puts forth requirements for participants as follows:
1. Requirements for 10.77-km challenging group: participants, elder than 16 years old, being in good health with no cardiovascular diseases, should have adequate exercise basis.
2. Requirements for 30-km Public Group: participants, elder than 20 years old, being in good health with no cardiovascular diseases, should provide the end race certificate for the half marathon or 30-km and more trail in the recent one year.
3. Requirements for 60-km Elite Group: participants, elder than 20 years old, being in good health with no cardiovascular diseases, should provide the end race certificate for the full marathon or the end race certificate for 50-km and more trail in recent one year.
4. Requirements for 100-km Master Group: participants, being in good health with no cardiovascular diseases, should provide one end race certificate for 100-km level trail or two end race race certificates for 50-km and more trail in recent two years.
Notice: Please make sure if your physical condition is allowed to participate in the long-distance trail running race, and the requirements and possible risks should not be neglected. Let’s show respects for science, for families and for life.
Note: when registered, all participants must carry your ID card, originals or copies of relevant end race certificates to get the supplies.
Medical examination on your own before the event in second-senior or above class hospitals are advised to contain the following aspects:
①cardiac and cardiovascular; ②blood pressure and cerebrovascular; ③cardiac; ④blood sugar; ⑤other necessary aspects for participating in mountain trail activities.
4. Timing bracelets (chips) and GPS locators
①To guarantee participants’ personal safety, the organizing committee provides participants of 100-km group and 60-km group with GPS locators that will be delivered to them as they get the entry package.
②As demanded by the equipment supplier, every GPS locator will be charged for 400 yuan as the real price as a deposit that will be repaid as the equipment returned. If the equipment were lost or damaged, the deposit will be the compensation.
③The 100 yuan deposit for each bracelet (chip) will be repaid as the equipment returned. If it were lost or damaged, the deposit will be the compensation.
1. The eligibility of participants with any one of the following acts will be canceled:
Using any motor or wheel vehicles;
Disobeying the marked track but to take the shortcut;
Littering on the track and destroying plants or animals intentionally;
Transferring the eligibility.
2. The number cloth must be put in front of the suit to be clearly seen at any time, and the bracelet must be wear through the whole journey. If it were damaged or lost, the wearer should compensate as the cost with his or her competition results canceled.
3. Participants who give up in halfway must get to the closest sp/cp points, and the injured unable to walk can call the organizing committee to wait for rescue.
4. Participants arriving at the cp point after the closing time must quit the race initiatively.
5. All participants must carry the mandatory equipment as required be the organizing committee through the whole journey, which will be checked at the checking points. If it is found to be lack or without equipment, the eligibility will be canceled.
6 . If there is the force majeure factor such as weather that cause the race unable to continue as scheduled, the hosts have the right to change the route or time.
7. The organizing committee will provide participants with food and drinks at SP points, but the water containers should be taken by yourselves ring.
8. Participants can take a small amount of cash to buy food and supplies.
9. Participants should take care and get close to the roadside as on the drive road; no play in the water as on the track along the reservoir, stream, and waterfalls.
10. Material list for participants to take
11. When registered, every participant will be charged 500 yuan on site as a deposit for the timing bracelets and GPS locator, which will be repaid as the equipment returned with the number cloth.
12. Rankings and bonuses: bonus details (unit: Yuan) for each group (male/ female) with a personal income tax of 20 percent.
Special awards for 100-km group:
1. The male participants with end race result within 12 h (including 12 h) and the female within 14 h (including 14 h) will be awarded with a trophy (the name will be determined later) together with 1,000 Yuan pre-tax bonus (the bonus above is not released cumulatively that if someone win both the two awards and only the highest one can be released).
2. The organizing committee sets the “Deity” bonus pool with an amount of RMB 20,000 Yuan. Only the male participants with end race result within 10 h (including 10 h) and the female within 11.5 h (including 11.5 h) are able to enjoy such award. If there are many people can end the race within the time, and then they can share the bonus (this bonus can be released cumulatively). If there is no one can win this bonus in this year, which can be accumulated automatically to the event held next year until there is someone can get the bonus. The organizing committee will re-inject cash bonus into the “Deity” bonus pool and the amount and rules are to be determined.
1. Participants’ registration and entries’ release: the organizing committee is not allowed to get the package on behalf of others, so all participants need to register at the north gate of Langshan scenic area with the confirmation letter, the original ID card and relevant end race certificates in the required time, as well as with their mandatory equipment checked and get the number cloth and the entry package.
Note: Participants without or with inadequate equipment, the organizing committee has the right to refuse deliver the materials, the right to decline their access to the checking area, and the right to stop them continuing the race.
2. Technical briefing meeting: at the north gate of Langshan scenic area (tentative). It is suggested that all participants attend, and it is at your own risk if you fail to attend the meeting and miss the latest news of the race.
3. Time and place of the race: each group will be checked in the record unitedly during 3:50 and 4:50 a.m. on Sept. 22, 2018 at the gate of Shanmen Square of Tianmen Mountain in Zhangjiajie and starts the race with the same gun shot at 5:00.
4. Participants’ ferry and transfer: all transfer work will be arranged by the organizing committee.
① Participants’ ferry: The organizing committee will send vehicles to ferry participants to the Starting Point (Shanmen Square of Tianmen Mountain) to check between 3:30 and 4:30 on Sept. 22. The bus starts with full seats without waiting. Participants can also choose other vehicles to the starting point.
② End race transfer: the place covers the final points of all groups to the official hotel, and the time will last for one hour later than the closing time of each group. Those participants with more than the prescribed time need to arrange vehicles by themselves.
二. Deposit and transfer of clothing bags
1. Participants of all groups can deposit the clothing bag 15 minutes earlier before the race , which will be sent to the final point of each group by the organizing committee. The participants can get their closing bags after ending the race with the number cloth, while the unfinished participants can get theirs at the official hotel with their number cloth after the closing time.
2. Participants of 100-km group can deposit their change package at the SP5/CP5 in Tianping Cun.
3. Valuables like cash, jewelries and electronics are prohibited to be put into the supply packages and clothing bags, or you’ll be responsible for any problems.
4. Time and place for change package deposit: 14:30~19:00 on Sept. 20 and 10:00~19:00 at Sept. 21, 2018 at the Zhangjiajie Civic Square (tentative).
1. The official website: http://www.yufengtiyu.cn
2. The official e-mail address: email@example.com
3. WeChat Groups: Group 1 for Xiaoxiang 100 Trial Series Communication (full)
Group 2 for Xiaoxiang 100 Trial Series Communication (accessible to be applied)
Please don’t apply repeatedly!
4. WeChat Official Account: 潇湘100 (Xiaoxiang 100)
5. Application Hotline: Qu Zhangping, 18807424146
6. Business Cooperator: Liao Feng, 13367302520
7. Official Hotel Reservation Hotline: Cao Jin, 15616226412
8. Timing Cooperator: Zhang Youqing, 18942509879
The organizing committee has the right of final interpretation of the procedures above. For more event information, please pay attention to follow the WeChat official account:“潇湘100” (Xiaoxiang 100).